Saturday, February 19, 2011

Inspired by Green

Jerpoint Abbey 
Jerpoint


Last photo of Jerpoint.  When here on Friday it was unbearably cold!

Today I loved all the sunshine, blue skies, castles, and abbies.  This is Cahir Castle, CO Tipperary.

View from  inside Cahir Castle

At Cahir. A 13th century castle.

A tower wall still contains a half embedded cannon ball

Hore Abbey is right behind in the distance

Hore Abbey.  Beautiful ruins, and sunny sky.


Holding St. Patrick's Rock, Cashel.

SO many shades of green.

Just got back home from our first overnight adventure to Kilkenny.  It was a great outing, especially because I was feeling healthy!!! I was pretty sick for about a week but am completely better now.

Since we last talked: I threw a Valentine's Day party for the group with homemade heart shaped sugar cookies and all, we had an Irish drum lesson which was awesome, coffee dates, start of small groups, bought watercolors for a creative outlet and therapy, and rising early to watch the sun rise over the Irish Sea!

One thing that gets me every time we see castles and abbeys like those above I always think of how difficult that must have been in the 13-15th centuries!

I hope you all enjoy viewing my pictures mainly, and hearing about Ireland!  Currently I am trying to plan my spring break... Where to go?!

Oh and I really want to go see Never Say Never! anyone see it? heard it was great (I am sure it is) and I am also missing watching any type of basketball, especially the All-Star games this weekend.  And Justin got MVP last night at the all-star celebrity game, so proud!  So ya watch some sports for me and the Bachelor (can't watch that either) Love, Em.

1 comment:

  1. we all love the pics and memos.... you are very blessed and fortunate to see first hand these amazing sights! xo mom

    ReplyDelete