Monday, February 28, 2011

Before I head North

Lovely encouragement I got from Laura.

Gaiety Theatre in Dublin, a good way to experience culture.

My first Chihuahua :) named Juno, very friendly.  Owner named Angel, a young school girl out walking him.  I really do love Chihuahuas!

Top of Bray Head. Oh so windy!  But oh so sunny!

View of Greystones from a distance

The small cross in the distance on the mound top is where we came from.

My co-PA Alyssa.  She called herself the horse whisperer so I only thought this fitting.
So here are some current random things to update all of you on before I head to the North of Ireland!

Random things:

·      Knitting (but I recently dropped one of my knitting needles in the heating radiator, hoping to retrieve that soon).  The yarn I am using is authentic from Cork, and green!
·      Irish drum and dance, both ridiculously grand: auditioning for Riverdance in the near future.
·      I will be babysitting for a family of the church I attend this coming Saturday night
·      Election:  the TD candidate that came and spoke with us last week will most likely be elected!  Simon Harris, you are grand!
·      Coffee at the coffee shop called Poppies filmed in Leap Year where they fall asleep on the bench and the next scene in the morning is just him on the bench and you think she left, but only went to get coffee J
·      Saw Cripple of Inishmann at the Gaiety Theatre in Dublin
·      Went to the National Gallery of Ireland in Dublin
·      Bought hike top shoes!
·      Made PA Pancakes
·      Hiked Bray Head (as seen in photos above).  I love that this hike is right in our backyard, I will definitely be doing it again.  Along this hike while Alyssa and I were traveling along the cliff tops we heard bagpipes playing in the distance, magical!  It was so unreal but what a way to spend a sunny afternoon.
·      Irish piper Martin Nolan came to visit this morning with his talents
·      Going to the North to study the conflict Wednesday to Friday
·      Feeling under the weather, but the actual weather is very sunny and grand
·      Finding a lot of support in this community and ability for me to learn as a leader

Isn't she so cute!
Well it surely made my day

1 comment:

  1. looks beautiful! so glad you are enjoying it there... and that you're blossoming as a leader - you are gifted, friend. proud of you, can't wait to see you again!
    Love,
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete